Tuesday, 27 November 2012

A0B3: Production Diary

September 5th

I have met with the client, Mr Haycocks, and I told him about the promotions and advertisements that we were going to use to sell the iPhone 6. I decided that I would advertise the product using billboards and posters, magazine articles and adverts, television adverts and through other means such as QR codes, email marketing and promotional items including t-shirts and jumper which would be worn by Apple staff.

September 7th

I have begun to design the billboard adverts for my campaign. I am keeping them fairly simple because I knew that most people only glance at billboards and would not want to be given lots of information. I will put more details and information on the magazine advert and I have made sure that the TV adverts will be used to show off the new features of the phone.

September 10th

I have finished the designs for the billboard adverts and I am happy that they will be very effective in helping to sell the iPhone 6. I have also shown them to Mr Haycocks who agrees and is pleased with the work that I have done. I have got a good idea of how I want the magazine advert to look and will start to design it in the next week.

September 21st

I have started designing the magazine advert and I feel that I have given myself more than enough time to complete it. I have come up with most of the ideas for the advert and I have discussed them with Mr Haycocks. He is happy with most of the ideas and is keen to see more of my designs for the products.

September 27th 


I have made some small edits to the billboard advert designs because I felt that they could be improved. Mr Haycocks is happy with the changes that have been made. I have designed the jumpers and t-shirts which are to be worn by Apple staff members, the design is very simple because their purpose is simply to remind people about the new product.

October 5th 

I have made some minor alterations to the t-shirt and jumper designs. I have also continued with the magazine advert. This should be finished soon.

October 11th

I have created a template for an email which will be sent out to existing Apple customers. I have also set up search engine optimisation which means that Google and other search engines will recommend iPhone 6 as one of the first search options.

October 19th

I spent the day working with a film crew to make some of the TV adverts. These are looking promising so far but we do have more to make. These adverts will be released on TV as well as the official Apple YouTube channel on May 24th 2013.

October 25th

I have done more work on the TV adverts, mainly the editing of existing adverts but I have also put forward suggestions for new adverts.






November 25th







No comments:

Post a Comment